Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv news server

To: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Daniel Zinsli <s830+priv@xxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv news server
From: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 12:14:20 +0300

On Sat, 25 Mar 2000, Jules Bean wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 08:18:16AM +0200, Tuomas Airaksinen wrote:
> > On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa wrote:
> > >
> > > http://arch.freeciv.org/
> >
> > I do think that Web browser doen't replace slrn.
>
> Fair enough.
>
> If you have the internet connection implied by your fondness of news,
> then you presumably have a reasonable amount of bandwidth. So it's not
> the volume of the list per se, its the fact it arrives in your email
> account that is bothering you?
>
> Well, make sure you filter it into a seperate mailbox (e.g. using
> exim's built in filtering, or procmail) and then read it using a good
> threaded MTA.  Voila - it's just like news!  E.g., mutt, or gnus.

Of course I use filter (it would be a LITTLE bit too irritating to
get ALL the messages in my personal mailbox). Maybe I should get in
touch with mutt, it's said to be good (maybe even the best) mail reader.
But I'm having trouble with mail fetching (fetchmail), because I
don't get sendmail working.

--
kirjoitti:  Tuomas Airaksinen              linux
kotisivu:   http://tumasites.cjb.net        is