Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Use of civstyle option

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Use of civstyle option
From: Paul Thomas <Paul.Thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:25:04 +1100

Stig Haugdahl has pointed out some ways in which my pacts
implementation differs from that of CivII.  While I'll (try to) change
my implementation to match CivII more closely, there are some
differences that are intentional and should be made optional.

Last time I looked, the "civstyle" server setting was almost entirely
unused; now it seems to be used for a few rules changes, but the
ruleset mechanism is also a lot more mature and maybe it should be
used instead.

Is there any consensus on when to use "civstyle" and when to use
rulesets?  Can anyone suggest an appropriate place to set rules
regarding pacts?

-- paul