Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Pacts patch (alpha quality)

To: "Haugdahl, Stig" <Stig.Haugdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Pacts patch (alpha quality)
From: Paul Thomas <Paul.Thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:30:45 +1100

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 01:17:32PM +0100, Haugdahl, Stig wrote:

> In Civ2, this would be "No contact".

[snip]

Thanks for that -- I haven't played CivII in a long time so couldn't
quite remember what the rules were.  I'll try to bring my
implementation closer to this.

> Civ2: Allies can not share territory, cities or boats.

Of course, the main reason I wanted to write this patch in the first
place was so I could unload a Roman boat full of English units (or
whatever), and this seems to have some support on the mailing list.
This was an intentional deviation from the CivII rules, and I should
have marked it as such.

I'll see if I can't make it a server option or ruleset setting or
somesuch.

> Republic overrules 50%, democracy 100% of all war declarations.
> With United Nations, republic never overrules, demo 50%.

Great!  These are the numbers I wanted -- thanks.

-- paul