Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Pacts patch (alpha quality)

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Pacts patch (alpha quality)
From: "Alexandre BERAUD" <a_beraud@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:31:38 +0100 (MET)

>Not really, in practice.  Because an exact Civ2 mode would take
>considerable development effort, and if it turns out people cannot
>be bothered, then your "MUST" has no force.  Cf. Fundamentalism.

Hum... You know, there are plenty of things I disliked in the original
Civ2 game, and that I would not like to see in Freeciv, but 'Civ2 style'

means what it means. What can be modified, is the efficiency of the
engine. For example, the pacts routine was somewhat silly in Civ2
(hello, we've got a horse and a catapult and we won't crush your army
of riflemen if you give us 50 gold...) and the AI behind it could be
really better in Freeciv.

Alex

"Holy war for holy fools,
 Blessed are those who break the rules."