Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Bug #202 : transporter content shown instead of the transp

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Bug #202 : transporter content shown instead of the transport
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue.kristensen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:15:18 +0100

Here is a patch that fixes that. I moved the function player_find_visible_unit
from common/player.c to client/control.c as it has no use on the
server (and I needed access to punit_focus from the client).

The way a unit in focus was allways on top (untill now) was by setting it as
the first unit in the tiles genlist, which is a little clumsy I think. But I
haven't changed it. Possibly We could just delete the code that puts it on top,
as the new player_find_visible_unit can easily be changed not to depend on it
(as long as the global pointer punit_focus is set), but I haven't done that as I
don't know what other places depend on this "feature" (Did I mention I thought
it was ugly?)

As a last thing I will just mention that the way of putting a unit on top when
it has focus is ugly and error-prone.

-Thue

ps: The current way of putting a unit on top when it has focus is ugly and
error-prone IMO. It should be enought to let punit_focus point to it.