Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bug #202 : transporter content shown instead of the tr

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bug #202 : transporter content shown instead of the transport
From: sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 21:34:38 +0100

Hi Thue

On 15-Mär-00, Thue Janus Kristensen wrote:
> Ok - new patch attacked.
> To make sure the attacking and defending units were shown on top
> set_unit_focus_no_center was previously used, as it had the sideeffect of
> putting the focus_no_center'ed unit first in the genlist, and so picked by
> get_visible_unit (HACK!). I introduced 2 new pointers in control.h (is
> that the estetically right place?) named punit_attacking and
> punit_defending that when non-NULL point to units that should be shown on
> top, and handle them in get_visible_unit.
> I included and tested the code for gui-xaw beside gui-gtk.

I don't how much complicated it is (and I still not have looked at the
recent fog of war changes) but wouldn't it be better if this handled
in the civserver?
I mean not to send the unit infos which are in a transporter (and remove
the units if they enter a transporter unit). This is IMO the right thing
and how it should be at the end of all.

bye,
Sebastian Bauer