Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: 'cmdlevel first' patch (PR#296)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: paulz@xxxxxxxx (Paul Zastoupil)
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: 'cmdlevel first' patch (PR#296)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 19:34:10 +0100

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 11:49:03PM +0100, Reinier Post wrote:
> Version 3.  The constraint
>
>    first cmdlevel >=  default cmdlevel
>
> is now enforced by adjusting one when setting the other violates it.
>
> --
> Reinier

Version 4.  This version is now installed on civserver.freeciv.org
(backported to 1.10.0.).  It includes the cmdlevel of players into
/list output.

This patch is very extremely small, and harmless as far as I'm aware;
I would appreciate some comments from CVS maintainers.

The plan is to introduce the 'first to arrive gets game control'
policy in civserver.freeciv.org.  The reason: one (1) player
keeps causing problems for the rest of us.  Let's hope this
policy is workable in the long run.

--
Reinier