Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: BUG (?) REPORT

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: BUG (?) REPORT
From: Steven Burnap <sburnap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 06:14:57 -0800

At 08:56 AM 3/3/00 +0100, Reinier Post wrote:
> If in a city there is nobody, and i buy a phalanx in it. and the
> attacker is in auto-goto state into the city. if now the turn ends,
> will he just walk in or will he fight against the phalanx ?

The unit will fight.  I often buy units to defend my cities, and it
often works, so I'm assuming that in cases where it doesn't, there
were really two attacking units.

This is different from Civ2, BTW, because of the turn order.
Because turns aren't simultaneous in that game, you can never
buy or build your way out of a pending city takover.

I much prefer the freeciv way, though it makes it a little harder to
conquer enemy cities this way.

Steven Burnap