[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New Nations

To: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Robert Brady <rwb197@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New Nations
From: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 10:24:23 +0000

On Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 10:50:08PM +0100, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 10:17:45AM +0000, Robert Brady wrote:
> > It is no worse than having Romans/French or Americans/Sioux.
>
> Offtopic:
> Why not rename Americans to Yankies ?

Tomasz, are you trolling? Yankies is a (mildly) offensive slang nick-name.
Italians, Romans, French and Americans are all common names for peoples.

> > I might make a patch so that when people are choosing nations, it is
> > impossible for them to choose a nation with the same capital as the other
> > nation. Possibly some more refinement could be done. This would stop the
> > combinations British/English, Soviets/Russians, Italians/Romans, but allow
> > Italians/French.
> >
> > If I did that, would you cease objecting to the Italians?
>
> Why to add unnecesary complications ?

I haven't seen anyone who agrees with you, Tomasz.  There is no problem
having Italians and Romans in the same ruleset, any more than there is
having Germans and Incas in the same ruleset.  It's a game, they're local
colour.

Jules

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable