[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Valutas patch

To: Stig Erik Sandoe <stig@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Valutas patch
From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 20:13:45 +0100

On Sun, Feb 27, 2000 at 06:59:34PM +0100, Stig Erik Sandoe wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> > Only plural will be needed.
>
> What if you have just one krone/gold/pound/whatever then?  If you're
> going to add a patch for it, do it properly. Add singular and
> plural forms.

No hope.
Actually messages like `1 credits' are used, so
why to change it to sth very complex ?

In Polish, for example (l is ł really) :
1 zloty
2 zlote
3 zlote
4 zlote
5 zlotych
6..21 zlotych
22..24 zlote
25 zlotych
etc.

I Lithuanian or Arabic you will see other names for
1(singular), 2(dual !) and 3(plural) or maybe some more cosmics.

Sorry, but unless we write all messages in lojban and use some
translate-on-fly library, small inaccurancies are inevitable.