[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Valutas patch

To: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Valutas patch
From: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 15:34:40 -0500

On Sat, Feb 26, 2000 at 09:22:16PM +0100, Tomasz Wegrzanowski was heard to say:
> I made patch that changes all references to `gold' or `credits'
> with references to nation-based valuta.
> But I need some help :
> - swedish, norway, danish native name of their currency
> - dunedain, sioux, zulu and barbarian currency

  I'd think just "gold" would be fine for Barbarians.  They're not supposed
to have a particularly sophisticated civilization anyway.. [1]

  Isn't it going to look a little odd, though, when you get messages like:

"X conquered MyCity and looted Y dollars"

  if all the money in the city is in, say, DMs?  Or will we have to implement
exchange rates? :)

  Other than that, I really like this idea.  Giving the game more atmosphere,
even in small things like this, is always good.

  Daniel

  [1] Please don't point out that some real-life "barbarians" had quite
     sophisticated civilizations. :)