Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: sebauer: Improved citystyle graphics ofthe trident...

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: sebauer: Improved citystyle graphics ofthe trident...
From: sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer)
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 20:46:02 +0100

Hi Jeff!

> Okay.  I was a lot more careful (and complete), this time.  (Still had to
> do some manual editing :)

:-) Can you tell me what you still had to change? I don't want to
make the same mistake a further time ;-)

The only thing I actually can image was the color 31 which you have
removed now.

> Attached is a diff which includes:

> - Your/Marco's new Trident cities, converted to xpm, in
> data/trident/cities.xpm.
> - A corresponding change to data/engels/cities.xpm.
> - Updated data/*/cities.spec files, including references to the new row of
> icons added to the *.xpm files (which I termed "PostModern").
> - Updated data/default/cities.ruleset, to reference the PostModern style.
> - I made a small change to your cities.xpm: the PostModern occupied flag
> seemed almost invisible when I tested it in game play, so I made it a
> little more colorful.

Great and thanks :-)
But should we really activate the city styles gfx for the engels tileset?
IMO they don't look so good (at least they don't fit in the environment)
and one of the advances of the tile spec system is that we needn't to view
these graphics if they don't look good, while in the other tileset we can
see it.

bye,
Sebastian Bauer