Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: sebauer: Improved citystyle graphics of the trident...

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: sebauer: Improved citystyle graphics of the trident...
From: sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer)
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 17:17:45 +0100

Hi Jeff

>> But I think there was some problem with the conversion to xpm,
>> because some parts are transparent which shouldn't be.  The
>> problem seems to be that the PNG has a grey background, but
>> some of the building pixels are also grey :-/
> I did the conversion.  Yes, the problem is that the PNG was a weird (not
> *just* grey) background.  I easily could have some broken pixels in it.

You haven't told me this... :-(

Ok, now I saw what was wrong. The picture was saved with 6 bit per gun
precision while the orginal was 8 bit per gun. I changed it now. But there
is still a grey background (0x808080) which should be transparent (I don't
know how to change this; I can only change the RGB values). But it should
be no problem this time, because the other affected grey colnum 25 has
(0x838383).
The transparent color (0) is of course noted in the tRAN chunk of the PNG
so this all shouldn't matter.
But note that in oposite to the orginal cities.xpm there is an additional
color (a darker red) so it now uses 32 colors instead of 31 (including the
transparent color)

BTW
Is there a easy portable xpm creating program (preferable without GUI) which
I can port to the amiga?

> I didn't mean for this to be checked in -- I don't think it's ready for
> the CVS (ah, well...).

In case the PNG is still weird (please tell it then) I will restore the
old .xpm ASAP.

I'm sorry that this ever has happened.

bye,
Sebastian Bauer