Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: More nations

To: qpkjeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: pvt.benkovsk@xxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: More nations
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 12:50:39 +0200

> So, as I understand, leaders and cities in national languages,
> only nation names is English? Good, let it be like this!

If i18n is not used, I think it makes more sense to use national names
for all three.  Among Freeciv users, those with English as their mother
tongue are a minority.  So Anglicised names probably won't make
much more sense to most users than the names used in the country
itself.

> Nation names should probably be i18n marked similarily to
> unit names... This should be mentioned at the beginning of
> the ruleset file.

If i18n is applied, then I think it should be applied to all three.

--
Reinier Post                                             rp@xxxxxxxxxx
a.k.a. <A HREF="http://www.win.tue.nl/~reinpost/";>me</A>