Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Default/optional entries in rulesets

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, abies@xxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Default/optional entries in rulesets
From: sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer)
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 13:37:47 +0100

Hello

>> It would be nice to be able to not specify all fields for
>> units/terrains/buildings/etc. In such case field should equal default
>> value - possibly given at start of ruleset file in 'template' record.
> I tend to agree, although no-one commented last time I brought
> this up:

My idea was that we should make some of the values depend on flags.
E.g. transport_cap is only used with the "Ferryboat" Flag
(maybe we then should rename "Ferryboat" to something like "Transport")
I also wanted to do this for the "partisan problem" so that
for every unit which use the "Partisan" flag in the ruleset a new field
"partisan_req" must appears (That's why I decided not to implement
a Partisan tech flag ;-) )

bye,
Sebastian Bauer