Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch to add synchronous game turns

To: garymoyer@xxxxxxxx, David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch to add synchronous game turns
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 03:08:46 +0200

> Well let me ask this question: does anyone think this option is useful?
> Granted it takes away from the realtime head-to-head play, however it makes
> the game more playable (and fair) for players who can only make a few turns
> in the course of a day.

If I understand you correctly, you're asking if there are players who
would still play, even if they knew many of their turns would be lost
(i.e. they would remain idle).  Judging by my online experience, I
think you're addressing a very small minority here.  In practice,
players at least expect to be turned to AI.  So I think an 'autoai'
setting would be more useful:  if 'autoai' is set for a player, when
the player has been idle for a whole turn, the AI takes over until
activity is registered again.

--
Reinier