Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch to add synchronous game turns

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch to add synchronous game turns
From: Gary Moyer <garymoyer@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 23:15:36 -0700

David Pfitzner wrote:

> - Shouldn't the change be inside check_for_full_turn_done()
>   as suggested by Mikko Tuumanen <mijutu@xxxxxx> (pity about
>   mail archives) instead of around the sniff_packets call?
>   (Adjust whether check .conn there.)

I've tried this and it doesn't work.  Here's why: the main loop (in civserver.c)
breaks out of the while loop and advances the turn when sniff_packets() returns
a value != 1.  This is why I had to modify the main loop.

Alternatively I could modify check_for_full_turn_done() (as prescribed) and then
call it inside the sniff_packet() loop when turnblocking is enabled.  This would
be cleaner because I could all together do away with the
all_players_done() function in civserver.c.

Any thoughts?

-- Gary