Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch to add synchronous game turns

To: garymoyer@xxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] patch to add synchronous game turns
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 12:04:20 +1000 (EST)

Gary Moyer wrote:

> I've modified the server adding a synchronous game turn option.
>
> With this option enabled the game turn does not advance until all
> players have completed their turn.  This is handy for games which are
> played over a long period of time enabling players to disconnect and
> reconnect without fear of losing turns.
>
> This patch is applicable to version 1.8.1 of the codeline.

Thanks, but could you please follow something approximating
normal freeciv indentation style.

(Ok, we are not strict on this, and there are a variety of
indentation styles used in freeciv, but I think that is no
reason to add yet more styles.)

Also, without the explanation its not at all obvious to me what
"Synchronous game play" would mean.  But I don't have a better
suggestion :-(

Regards,
-- David

(no offence meant by signature, I just happened to see it recently :-)

--
"Any programmer who fails to comply with the standard naming, formatting,
 or commenting conventions should be shot.  If it so happens that it is