[Freeciv-Dev] Fantasy Modpack

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Fantasy Modpack
From: Mark Nettle <markn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 18:27:33 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, David Pfitzner wrote:

> The thing is that modpacks often _will_ change names;
> eg, the Ancients modpack changes lots of names (most?);
> so would a fantasy modpack; even the Civ1 ruleset has some
> different names.

Speaking of which, I haven't done any work on this for several weeks, but
I've put the "work-in-progress" units.ruleset and techs.ruleset at
        http://teach.bhs.mq.edu.au/~markn/freeciv/
if anyone is interested. I wouldn't recommend using them.

These two are probably fairly close to what I'll end up with (until I
decide to add more complex upkeeps and all the things from those nice
patches we had a while a go that I haven't really looked at). I haven't
started on buildings.ruleset or helpdata.txt, and as for graphics, wel..
I've got about 3 unit tiles which look really bad :)

As for translations: Umm.. Monks aren't a lot liek Submarines, and Ravens
aren't too similar to Howitzers :)

        Mark