[Freeciv-Dev] Idea for 2.0

To: Freeciv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Idea for 2.0
From: Artur Biesiadowski <abies@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:33:13 +0200

Stealth units (similar to civ3)

It is quite impossible to make non-military hostile(as opposed to
dimplomat) units if they are just visible to every unit. With invisible
units we can do:
a) all things from civ3
b) saboteurs/5th column. They would either inflitate the city and attach
to next produced units, or have to overcome unit in field by some means
(stealthy of course). Then such unit would seem ok to owner, but
player owning saboteurs could at any time:
- move that unit (and thus reveal compromised state of unit) - but not
attack I think (too unbalancing)
- disband unit
- destory irrigation/mine/road under unit (not revealing itself - if
owning player would notice it then he is free to dibant unit if he wants
:)
- see everything that unit can see

Implementation could cause some problems - but I think that even now
client has to confirm each unit move ? But I think that it is doable
without really hard work.

Artur