Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Gtk+ FreeCiv Server

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Gtk+ FreeCiv Server
From: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 08:00:28 -0400

On Thu, Jul 08, 1999 at 03:30:35PM +1000, David Pfitzner was heard to say:

> > > This is an especially nice feature, to help users who are confused
> > > by the client-server nature of things.
>
> Daniel Burrows wrote:
>
> >   Personally, I'd rather do things the other way around -- have the client
> > start a server.
>
> Bobby D. Bryant wrote:
>
> > I would have made it run the server from the *client*.
>
> Yes, you're both right :-)
>
> (I think I hadn't considered the possibility of starting a client
> from the server before, and so it sounded like a neat idea, at first.)
>
> Regards,
> -- David

  Actually, maybe we could have it both ways :-)  It could be quite useful
to be able to start a client from the server if, eg, you logged out temporarily
and wanted to start again..

  Daniel

--
There are many of us in this old world of ours who hold that things break
about even for all of us.  I have observed, for example, that we all get