Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Gtk+ FreeCiv Server

To: jpranevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Gtk+ FreeCiv Server
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 20:36:44 +0200

Hello Joe,

[Cc: freeciv-dev]

> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure if this has already been done, I really don't real the mailing
> lists. (And I can't read the list right now, so please direct any replies
> directly to me. Thanks.) If it is, I apologise for the spammage.

Well, a mailing list archive is on the web.  Many people ask for an
easier, GUI-based way to start the client; if your work helps to make
the civserver easier to use and better integrated into the desktop, I
think you are helping to solve a known problem.  But I'm no GUI fan
myself, and I don't know anything about the way Gnome works, so I don't
feel qualified to comment on the why and how of what you're doing.

Do you think you can make a reference URL available, or upload some
stuff on a regular basis so we can do the same?  Even if the code is
in early development, even if it's never finished or integrated into
Freeciv, it would be important to have a pointer for interested users.

--
Reinier Post