Re: [Freeciv-Dev] A few miscellaneous ideas for improvement

To: Massimo Campostrini <campo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] A few miscellaneous ideas for improvement
From: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 14:40:50 +0100

Massimo Campostrini wrote:

> Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > B) Micromanagement:
> >
> > In any reasonably large game (e.g. default map size) when you are
> > winning, micromanagement becomes a pain.  This could be alleviated by
> > building a bit more 'helping hand' AI into the client.  A few things I
> > can think of which would help:
>
> Yes, this is a huge pain.  When I play against AIs, I build few big
> cities rather than many small cities, even if it's not the optimal
> strategy, because the game is less boring.  A "city helper" AI would
> be invaluable.
>
> > Convert desert to plains
>
> Can you really do this?

Yup.  And more or less any other kind of change.  Lookup up 'terrain
improvements' and the individual terrain entries in help.  It takes
ages, though, and requires engineers.

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |
|  Julian Bean   | jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx        |  TW9 2TF *UK*       |