Re: [Freeciv-Dev] A few miscellaneous ideas for improvement

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] A few miscellaneous ideas for improvement
From: Massimo Campostrini <campo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10 May 1999 14:47:13 +0200

Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> B) Micromanagement:
>
> In any reasonably large game (e.g. default map size) when you are
> winning, micromanagement becomes a pain.  This could be alleviated by
> building a bit more 'helping hand' AI into the client.  A few things I
> can think of which would help:

Yes, this is a huge pain.  When I play against AIs, I build few big
cities rather than many small cities, even if it's not the optimal
strategy, because the game is less boring.  A "city helper" AI would
be invaluable.

> Convert desert to plains

Can you really do this?

> B.6) Allow stacks of units to be moved around as one.

Even better, define "formations", where units are requested to keep a
fixed position with respect to a "leader", and the leader executes a
"goto" command keeping pace with the slowest unit of the formation.

--
        Massimo Campostrini