Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Some experiences

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Some experiences
From: Manuel Gutierrez Algaba <irmina@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 12:37:01 +0000 (GMT)

Well, I hope this helps you a bit.

I've been playing at freeciv during several hours. And these
are things I've noticed:

- Version 1.8 is fully stable.

- AI (hard) is beatable, only you have to put it into pressure as soon
as possible, in despotism and letting it few air to breath.

- In http://www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina/civgame1938.sav and ... 1929.sav
there two games, 60 million strong empire. Perhaps it may be useful
for you for testing purposes. And besides, it's a demostration that
AI hard is beatable, in fact, AI wasn't able to take advantage of
my permanent military weakness, most of the time 85 % of my cities
were empty, no soldiers inside it. AI should be a bit more agressive
in the militaristic point of view. Even so, I've had a really
great time, ... well, after all I've won ;)

- city plans will be really good, it's really annoying that my
cities were all the time building useless city walls.

Well, that's all folks.

Regards/Saludos
Manolo