Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] freeciv 1.8.1 development open

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] freeciv 1.8.1 development open
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 15:54:10 +1000

Dear freeciv developers,

Apologies for the continued delay in the release of 1.8.0, but
we are still having server problems :-(

(The current working IP number of the server is 24.30.152.71;
currently www.freeciv.org doesn't work, and freeciv.ultraviolet.org
sometimes works and sometimes doesn't for me.)

We can't do a public release of 1.8.0 until these problems
are resolved, but in the meantime we would like to allow
development to continue.   I have just uploaded to CVS what
will hopefully be the last changes for 1.8.0, and have
tagged the repository (tag R1_8_0a).  I think we can now
start making new development changes for 1.8.1, and if there
are any last changes we need to make to 1.8.0 before the
final public release, we can make a CVS branch for those
changes.

Probably we should soon look at revising the roadmap
for what we intend for future versions.

Regards,
-- David