Re: [Freeciv-Dev] 2 tilesets now in cvs

To: rizos@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] 2 tilesets now in cvs
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 22:55:02 +1100

Rizos Sakellariou wrote:
> dwp wrote:
>
> > This is due to the fact that flags are now transparent by
> > default (because of the engels tiles).
>
> Is the transparency option hard-coded? If yes, could this
> be an externally changeable parameter? (or perhaps a tileset
> specific...)

Sorry, I didn't make that clear.  It's already a client option.
Just go to Game->Options, and set "Flags are transparent" to No.
Then, if desired, you can also Game->Save_Settings.

Its just the default (if you don't already have a $HOME/.civclientrc)
that has changed.

Unless you meant something else.

Having the default depend on the tileset would be easy
if we had the tileinfo stuff implemented, but a bit
hackish otherwise.

Regards,
-- David