Re: [Freeciv-Dev] 2 tilesets now in cvs

To: dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (David Pfitzner)
Cc: rizos@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] 2 tilesets now in cvs
From: Rizos Sakellariou <rizos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:58:47 -0600 (CST)

> Rizos Sakellariou wrote:
> >
> > > Assuming we have the Engels 45x45 as default, I think the
> > > alternative 30x30 set we ship should be the brunus tiles
> > > plus the dwp units, instead of the current "classic" tiles.
> >
> > If the above implies that what is now classic in the CVS
> > will disappear, let me raise my voice and vote for this to
> > remain in the standard distribution! It's a matter of taste,
> > and i really like (or am used to?) the until recently standard
> > tile set...
>
> What if the "classic" tiles were included in cvs, but not
> in the release tarball?  So old-timers could still get them
> easily (and use ./civ --tiles classic) but we don't increase
> to size of the release distribution too much by including
> too many tilesets?

ok - maintaining a collection of tiles/units in the ftp site
sounds an equally good option to me!

--rizos

PS: BTW, trying the Feb-14 version and using the "classic" tiles,
    it seems to me that the color of some flags (US, British) has
    changed. The same effect was obtained with the "classic" tiles
    from previous distributions, so this makes me wondering: Is this
    affected by a `hard-coded' color option anywhere in the code
    that has changed recently or what?