Re: [Freeciv-Dev] 2 tilesets now in cvs

To: roart@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] 2 tilesets now in cvs
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 21:27:32 +1100

-Roar Thronæs <roart@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > What if the "classic" tiles were included in cvs, but not
> > in the release tarball?
>
> I have played a game with the new tiles, and I think they are a setback
> for playability,

Oh yes, they're not there for optimum playability! :-)
They're there to create a good first impression, and to stop
people complaining about freeciv not having good graphics.
I think given that aim, they're useable, and the problems are
not too severe.  (Or will we get too many people complaining
that the game is unplayable because the graphics are too large?)

> That was my reasons for still keeping a set of 30x30 tiles in the release.

A agree, and that's still the plan.  But I would like the have
the _best_available_ 30x30 set in the release, which I currently
consider to be the brunus tiles + dwp units.  (Other sets,
such as the "classic" set, engels-30x30 etc, can also be
available from cvs and/or ftp.)

Regards,
-- David