Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Diplomacy....

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Diplomacy....
From: Kris Bubendorfer <kris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 12:05:42 +1300

OK, here is something I think is very interesting....

It is built on top of my `civil war' patch, which David will hopefully apply
to freeciv sometime soon.  I'll repost the civil war patch if anyone can't
wait and wants to try out the new functions ;)

Essentially, it is an extension of the diplomacy/treaty section, where you may
now also TRADE CITIES.

You cannot trade your capital, but any other city is fair game.  Cities that
the other player does not know about, may still be gifted, but obviously they
cannot request these cities as they've got no idea they exist.  So you still
have secrecy/fog of war.

If the recipient of a city does not have the part of the map with the city
being traded, then that part of the map is lightened.  You do NOT need to
trade maps first - of course you could....

All units in the field that are supported by the city being traded are
also transferred over, but any that are supported, but resident in other
cities are not traded.  None-the-less, you should be careful not to give the
other person a better deal that you expect.

Changes are quite extensive, including a new part on diplomacy in general in
the Help in the `How to play' section.

Cheers Kris...