Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Yet another GTK+ freeciv client version

To: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Yet another GTK+ freeciv client version
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 19:27:25 -0600

I compiled the GTK version and placed unofficial debs up at
http://freeciv.complete.org/.  (Lalo, are you going to make official ones?)
It's compiled with GTK 1.1.12.  Here are a few problems noticed so far:

 * One has to tab to the map box in order to use the arrows or
   keyboard shortcuts like b to build city.

 * Things are not always redrawn properly.

 * When the turn done button flashes, so does the input line at the bottom,
   if you're typing.

 * The Rates box doesn't decrease one slider while another is being
   increased.

 * The time remaining is sometimes gray and almost impossible to read

 * Sometimes the menus (all) turn gray.

On the other hand, I really like the new tiles, and the idea of the GTK
interface!  A little bit of polishing and it will RULE! :-)

Thanks for the hard work on it!

John