Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Yet another GTK+ freeciv client version

To: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Yet another GTK+ freeciv client version
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 16:54:41 +0000 (WET)

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Lalo Martins wrote:

> On Jan 08, Per Mathisen decided to present us with:
> > On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, John Goerzen wrote:
> > > Any chance this would be integrated into the main source tree?
> >
> > I have to agree... the gtk version and the configure system that builds
> > either xaw or gtk depending on what is on your system is IMHO good enough
> > to warrrant inclusion into freeciv _now_, rather than wait the many months
> > it will take to get to version 1.8.
>
> "Seconded". I assume Vasco's version is still capable of
> compiling for xaw3d?

Yes, it is capable of compiling for xaw3d i tested it myself.
What the new configure script does is:

1) if gtk+>=1.1.9 & imlib>=1.8.1 exist  - compile the gtk+ client
2) if xaw3d exists                      - compile with xaw3d
3) if xaw exists                        - compile with xaw

You can force a choice of xaw3d or xaw using:

--with-xaw3d
--with-xaw

---
Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa, student @ Instituto Superior Tecnico,
Technical University of Lisbon - Software & Computer Engineering