Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] GTK+ client for 1.7.2

To: Nick Lamb <njl98r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] GTK+ client for 1.7.2
From: Scott Goehring <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 1999 14:28:29 -0500

"Nick" == Nick Lamb <Nick> writes:

Nick> OK. GTK+ 1.1.x is not for mortals. It says on the packet, right
Nick> next to the ingredients list. Freeciv-GTK+ is built on 1.1.x,
Nick> presumably in the expectation that 1.1.x will freeze into 1.2.x
Nick> before the GTK+ client goes into a "real" version of
Nick> Freeciv. OTOH I don't doubt that /someone/ out there has RPM or
Nick> DEB packages in testing already.

Gtk 1.2.0 is supposed to roll out on January 15; at least, that's what
Shawn told me last time I talked to him.