Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
[Freeciv-Dev] FreeCiv Shareware competitor

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] FreeCiv Shareware competitor
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 18:07:34 +0000 (WET)

Don't know if you folks have been to Freshmeat lately, but i saw there
today a FreeCiv competitor (i.e. another Civilization close).  The version
seems to be shareware but you can look see their page at:

<http://gn.gameshock.com>

BTW when is the FreeCiv version with enhanced tilesets going to be
released?  Which tiles will be used on it?

(I guess this one's for Mitch ;-))

On another matter... Since it seems freeciv 1.8.0/1.7.2 whatever will go
out soon, will that come with the GTK+ client support we have coded in?
I so, well probably need to sincronize so that i (or somebody else) add
the new extra features to the currently 1.7.1 client compatible GTK+
version.

---
Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa, student @ Instituto Superior Tecnico,
Technical University of Lisbon - Software & Computer Engineering