Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
[Freeciv-Dev] Linker error?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Linker error?
From: Drew Thompson <athompso@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 15:38:03 -0500

All,
   I'm trying to compile FreeCiv on a SparcStation...I'm getting
the following error:
ld: Undefined symbol
   _strerror
collect2: ld returned 2 exit status

While running configure, I notice:

checking for strerror... no

1) Am I out of luck?
2) Are these related, i.e. should configure be doing something
differently since it knows there's no strerror?

This happens while trying to build civclient...all the object
files build fine, but then the last run (gcc -g -O2 -o civclient
blah blah blah this.o that.o theother.o)

                        Thanks for your help...
                                -Drew the .sigless