Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] normal AI is yet too hard

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] normal AI is yet too hard
From: Massimo Campostrini <campo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02 Nov 1998 14:25:24 +0100

David Kirchner <dpk@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> If there is a team or person working on making the "AI" more fair,
> I'd like to help (solicitation, plug) This game would be really neat
> with a fair AI. Anyone know of such a team?

The "normal" AI is supposed to be fair, but can give you quite a
spanking!

A few days ago I posted a suggestion to the new list
<freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; if you were not subscribed to the new list
yet, look at
http://www.complete.org/mailinglists/archives/freeciv-dev-9810/msg00042.html

It should allow arbitrary level of AI effectiveness, both easy and
hard.  If you can convince the developers that this is needed, I can
implement it.

        Massimo Campostrini

PS.  I suggest you move to the new list, where most of the action
happens; I've crossposted this to the new list.