Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: November 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#10203) Greedy CM algorithm

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#10203) Greedy CM algorithm
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:56:56 -0800

Benoit Hudson wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 05:44:29PM -0800, Jason Short wrote:
>
>>>By the way, what's the CMA settings?  The gui (gtk2) isn't very good
>>>about custom CMA settings: when I switch to the CMA tab, it decides to
>>>apply the first setting in my list.  Which makes it harder to debug.
>>
>>20/5/0/1/1/0 I think.
>
> Wait; what are the minimum constraints?

Didn't I say? ;-)

-20 minimum for food.  I had thought even with this changed to +0 it
took 0.5 seconds to run.  However this was probably me misreading the CM
timer (which for some reason only calculates cumulative times, not times
for an individual run).

Looking carefully I see that with a -20 minimum for food it takes 0.8
seconds.  With a +0 minimum it takes 10 milliseconds (which is good
because there are only 28 valid solutions and with a maximum of +0 food
pruning the remaining ones should be 100% effective).

jason