Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: September 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#10110) AI underestimates Temples

To: mstefek@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#10110) AI underestimates Temples
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:28:27 -0700

Jason Short wrote:
> At its core granary just increases food output.  It allows 50% of food
> to be saved when certain things happen.  Thus it basically grants extra
> food at an ammortized rate of food_surplus/2.

  Why division by 2? Food_surplus gives only 50% of total food - just
like granary.
  Also, when food_surplus < 0, granary has positive impact, not negative
- but which kind of math we should use there (without granary city may
shrinks every turn once food_storage <= 0, with granary only once every
foodbox/2/-food_surplus turns)

  - Caz