Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: September 2004:
[freeciv-ai] (PR#9917) AI never agrees on cease fire

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [freeciv-ai] (PR#9917) AI never agrees on cease fire
From: "Mateusz Stefek" <mstefek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 03:48:25 -0700

> [mstefek - Fri Sep 03 11:56:38 2004]:
>
> Currently it's (almost)impossible to agree on cease fire with AI player,
> even if you aren't his war target. This is really wrong.
> This patch changes the behavior of AI love, so that it gravitates
> towards -28, not -100 when you are at war, but aren't his target.
>
> Now you can have cease-fire with computer for 3 cities and 3 advances :)

AI players should also agree on cease fire. However, it is very
difficult to write generalized code for it(The treaty will always  be
disadvantageous for one player). IMO in this case we can add a special
case for ceasefire between two AI players.

Try attached patch.
It works, but the acceptable reputation limits are too high, so you
won't see it too often.
--
mateusz