Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: September 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#9884) AI never breaks alliance

To: mstefek@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#9884) AI never breaks alliance
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 10:59:05 -0700

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Jason Short wrote:
> > Onother problem is that triangles are unbreakable.
> > This patch fixes it.
>
> But aren't triangles supposed to be unbreakable according to Per's
> Insanely Rigorous Diplomacy Model?

I am not sure what you refer to, but if you mean the current general code,
then no, that is and should not be the case.

If you mean the current AI diplomacy code, then this is also not the case.
This is what the 'alliance leader' concept fixes (not to be confused with
the alliance leader concept in the named alliances patch, which
generalized this).

As to the other concepts developed, then Mike convinced me to drop them,
and I am unlikely to look at extending diplomacy again for some time.