Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: August 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Inprovements in settler.c

To: Jordi Negrevernis i Font <jorneg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv AI development <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Inprovements in settler.c
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 18:45:21 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Jordi Negrevernis i Font wrote:

> Per Inge Mathisen wrote:
>
> >>  Also, while debugging i notice that the settler or enginiers can
> >>often do nothing - debug message 'could not go to ...' because they
> >>select to improve terrain a tile in a diferent continent!!!!
> >>

> >Ooops. Can you see if you can fix this?
> >

>     No, its correct. Just the message should say 'we are en route...'.

It sounds familiar.  I guess the message is "couldn't get to..." and is
emmitted by the ferry code.  From this I infer that workers(*) do travel
overseas to improve.  Is it so?  If it is so, than we should check that
the targets overseas are weighted heavily against, compared to the tagets
nearby.

(*) we should really fix the nomenclature
worker - settler division is fine, but then there is F_SETTLER and
F_FOUNDER idiocy.