Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: May 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#8778) New settler code

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#8778) New settler code
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 08:23:22 -0700

On Mon, 31 May 2004, rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Much as I would like to, I do not have the physical stamina or time reserves
> to carry out the necessary levels of coding and testing as was done with the
> corecleanups,

We are not talking about patch the size of corecleanups, I hope.

> nor has this ever really been much of a help in satisfying
> your sort of request in the past - thus is perceived as wasted effort.

We are quite capable of bringing the patch up to our standards
ourselves once the underlying idea is understood and deemed worthy of the
effort.

> Extracting localized elements from the last corecleanups diff while creating
> a working patched version to try out as you rewrite things to the way you
> want is probably going to be more effective from your perspective.

But of course noone can be expected to seive through megabytes of
unrelated (although no doubt useful) changes that is the corecleanups.

> Running a diff
> between the two corecleanups versions where ferry code was added can be a
> useful way to spot some of the larger sections.

A good idea.  I think you can do it without much effort and it will be
appreciated.

In any case, thanks for the comments.  I think that overall the ferry
system is going your way, albeit slowly.