Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: July 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: AI Diplomacy v11 (PR#2413)

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: AI Diplomacy v11 (PR#2413)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:50:50 -0700

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> 1. Comment to aisupport_distance_to_player was misleading: I felt when you
> talk about "closest city" it's the closest city to all of your nation.

But it is...

> 2. Progressive taxation is when
> (a) first 2,000 of your income are taxed at 10%
> (b) earnings between 2,001 and 40,000 are taxed at 20%
> (c) everything above 40,001 is taxed at 40%
>
> Example: you earn 3,000 so you pay 2,000*10% + 1,000*20% = 400 gold.
>
> It makes sense to code greed like this as well.

I thought that was how I wrote it?

> > > 4. Same, why can we not make peace with someone who is allied with our
> > > enemy? It's good for us, and bad for our enemy (he will get annoyed and
> > > break the alliance).
> >
> > I think Thomas explain this one well.
>
> I did not understand his explanation.

He is likely to attack us, and we're likely to have to attack him (due to
alliance topology). If we make peace, we will drop our guard. We can keep
our guard up somewhat through HOSTILE_PLAYER(), but we won't attack his
troops going into positions etc.

> > > Also, even if it's not a gift, just a favourable (overall) treaty, we can
> > > increase love by a smaller amount?
> >
> > Hard to do right, I think.
>
> Hmm, you manage to do it for gifts somehow.

Yes, and badly. I'll think about it.

> > The AIs do not always fulfill their ally obligations, I think.

Found the bug that did this.

  - Per

"This is the future for the world we're in at the moment,"
promised Lawrence Di Rita, special assistant to Rumsfeld.
"We'll get better as we do it more often."