Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: July 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: AI Diplomacy v11 (PR#2413)

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: AI Diplomacy v11 (PR#2413)
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 11:36:49 -0700

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 10:19:16AM -0700, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:

> 4. Same, why can we not make peace with someone who is allied with our
> enemy?  It's good for us, and bad for our enemy (he will get annoyed and
> break the alliance).

The ally of my enemy will attack me sometime ... so going to a status
near war isn't that bad idea. Declaring war before attacking isn't
necessary because perhaps we stop war with our enemy.
But the AI should handle the situation like having war.

> 12. Assumption that we should wage war at least on one other civ is
> inherent in the code.  In the future it should change IMO.  If the civ has
> decent (or the best) research rate, it should consider getting a tech
> advantage first.

Techadvantage isn't needed to win the game, after having one winning
tech and the others don't have it you can stop research and go for war.
When the others have a winning tech and we can't steal it we have to go
back to research ... but i don't think that this should be a part of a
AI-Dip patch.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.