Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: July 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: AI Diplomacy v11 (PR#2413)

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: AI Diplomacy v11 (PR#2413)
From: "jorneg@xxxxxxxxxxx" <jorneg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 10:37:10 -0700

En/na Gregory Berkolaiko ha escrit:

>On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
>

>>CHANGES:
>>  - fixed bug where we thought no-contact meant active warfare, reported
>>by both Jordi and David M Stewart.
>>  - updated to current cvs
>>
>>This only changes the patch against the cvs files. The extra files that
>>need to be added can be found in the v10 post.
>>

>Here are some comments to the code (note that I haven't tried compiling
>it, but spent about 1,5 hours reading the code):
>
>5. Same,
>        worth = greed(adip->love - (ai->diplomacy.love_incr
>                                    + ai->diplomacy.love_coeff));
>then, 5 lines below
>        worth = greed(adip->love - (ai->diplomacy.love_incr
>                                    * ai->diplomacy.love_coeff));
>(a) note the disparity in the arthmetic
>(b) why bother with love_incr/coeff ?  Be simpler!

    I've been playing with the patch and seems stable, but i've observed
a funy behaviour. When you establish contact with a civilitazion, you
agree in a cease-fire treaty. In the next turns you can make peace with
that nation giving some gifts. In the next turn, the civilitazion in
peace with you declares war against you without a reason. And again, in
the next turns that civilization tries to make a cease-fire treaty with
you!!! This is an inconsistent behaviour...