Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: April 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Help offered, and a possible bug

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv AI development <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Help offered, and a possible bug
From: Juhani Heino <juhani.heino@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:20:16 +0300

Hello all!

> There are many things to be done, it depends on what you are looking
> for.

In README it was said that AI needs to be transferred to a client,
but these latest posts imply that so far it's done as before. So,
is it only a future TODO with perhaps version 1.15 or even 2?
(pun intended)

> 1. Patch testing.  It sounds "easy" but it is not and it is _very_
> important.  Currently, we need to test a couple of patches like AI
> diplomacy (2413), new settler code and advanced rampage (4026).  Per
> is responsible for the former two (I think you should wait for him to
> post
> the newest versions) and I am responsible for the rampage (needs to
> be tested in the present form).
>
> 2. Reviewing patches.  Similar to 1, but also involves reading and
> bitching about the code.  More bugs you find, more sweets you get.

These at least I can do (when Per submits his). Will
they be in the CVS snapshot? I'll have to get the latest
edition anyway, now I have Mar31.

> 3. Writing your own patches.  There are jobs to be done like 3584
> (pretty tedious) or updating, say, find_nearest_safe_city to use
> the new Path Finding.

I won't grab these, as I'm not yet so sure of my skills, but
if others are willing to hand them to me, it's OK. The tedious
job probably would be good for me, to "tune me in".

Juhani