Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: April 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Help offered, and a possible bug

To: Juhani Heino <juhani.heino@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv AI development <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Help offered, and a possible bug
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:22:02 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Juhani Heino wrote:

> I didn't find anything about this in the readme, but I saw that
> it needs a major overhaul. Can I help some way? I have programmed
> with C, but my projects were always so small that I haven't even
> needed a makefile. AI seems the most natural area, but if you don't
> need me, you can ask freeciv-dev. Or perhaps i18n - I already belong

We do, we do!

There are many things to be done, it depends on what you are looking for.

1. Patch testing.  It sounds "easy" but it is not and it is _very_
important.  Currently, we need to test a couple of patches like AI
diplomacy (2413), new settler code and advanced rampage (4026).  Per is
responsible for the former two (I think you should wait for him to post
the newest versions) and I am responsible for the rampage (needs to be
tested in the present form).

2. Reviewing patches.  Similar to 1, but also involves reading and
bitching about the code.  More bugs you find, more sweets you get.

3. Writing your own patches.  There are jobs to be done like 3584 (pretty
tedious) or updating, say, find_nearest_safe_city to use the new Path
Finding.

Any questions, just ask,