Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: April 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Help offered, and a possible bug

To: Freeciv AI <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Help offered, and a possible bug
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:44:30 +0200

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 10:30:11AM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Juhani Heino wrote:
> > In my last game (against 3 hard AIs) a big chunk of my continent
> > (over 100 tiles) remained uninhabited. I didn't need any
> > more cities, so I let it be. In the end of the game it was still
> > empty. There was some dispute between the AI (Estonia) that was
> > originally there, and an invader, but it seemed to be "cold war"
> > enough that they would find time to build settlers and some escort.
> > Estonianseven had two units guarding my border city, so they must
> > have had knowledge of the land in between. Estonia remained the
> > poorest nation, so it would have benefited lots from extra cities.
>
> Yes, the AI settler code isn't optimal.

Far from it. I've attached 3 savegames as an example. Without any special
options, with a lot of settling area around, without being attacked [1] or else,
the Catalan empire ruled by hard AI consists, after 4000 years, of three
cities.

Christian

[1] Well, that's not quite true. I've attacked them once or twice right in
    the beginning.

P.S.: Parts of the games have been played with veteran patch.

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/