Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: February 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Exploring madness

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv AI development <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Exploring madness
From: Jordi Negrevernis i Font <jorneg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 02:21:54 +0100

En/na Gregory Berkolaiko ha escrit:

A more radical technique might be to introduce a strategic concept
such as "warcamp". A warcamp is something that can be placed
anywhere and moved at any time, maybe like a pseudo-unit. It has a
"capacity" in that a fixed number of units can signup to bodyguard
the warcamp. Military exploration (in force) can be handled by
exploring warcamps. They could also be used to manoeuvre armies
about the map and position them for attacks. The warcamp would
"disband" when everyone was collected near the target to free
them for military attack.

This is another very clever idea.  I was toying with such concepts for some
time, in my mind, but didn't define it as clearly.  However, the first priority
should be a strategic concept such as "target".  Right now each unit finds a
target for itself.  We need the goverment to select few targets and then
individual units to choose between these strategic targets and tactical
opportunities such as killing this cheeky diplomat who just walked past me!

This what my army patch does! Allthought it does in a separate c file, and does not modify ai attack code.