Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: February 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: Easier AI

To: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Diogo Kollross <diogoko@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: Easier AI
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 10:45:29 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> Well, well. A very easy implementation of a very easy AI.  In principle, I
> like
> it, but Per is usually vehemently opposed to using ai_fuzzy, so let's wait
> what
> he says.

You are right, I don't like it one bit. The AI should be easy in a way
that doesn't completely lobotomize it. The difference is that the newbie
player should operate under the _illusion_ of fighting against a
fully-functional AI, but when, as in this patch, the AI somtimes simply
doesn't move any of its units for no reason at all, it gets silly.

I can introduce a "novice" difficulty with the AI diplomacy patch, where
the AI will never declare war on you without provokation. That should
suffice, surely?